Contribution of staff for Development :
1) Late Principal Prof. A.V.Rege – Aug.1965 –Aug.1972
2) Late Principal Dr. R..D.Shingate – Aug.1972 to Jun 1979
3) Prof. A.R.Jayteerth – I/C Principal
4) Prof. V.R.Alone – I/C Principal
Learning Resources- LCD,OHP,CD’S Charts,Models Computer ,internate.
Evalution Techniques : Mid semester, Quiz., Home assignments,Periodical Tests,Viva –voce,Question answer method,surprise test,Practical test,IES.
Fculty attending state, national and international seminars,workshops and conferences and presenting research papers.
|1) Prof.A.M.Diwan||Aug.1964 toJune.1965|
|2) Prof.A.M.Karmarkar||Jun 1965 to May 1967|
|3) Dr.A.M.Damale||June 1967 to June 1969|
|4) Prof.A.R.Jayateerth||July 1969-to Feb 2002|
|5) Prof.V.R.Alone||Mar.2002 toDec.2008|
|6) Prof.M.G.Chikalkar||Jan 2009 onward|
Highlightes of Department
- Personal and Academic guidance.
- Well equipped and furnished spacious laboratories
- Consistency in excellent results, since the establishment of the department.
- Modern equipments like Digital Balance, Conductometer, Refractometer, pH meter, Potentiometer, Colorimeter, Microwave oven, double beam UV-visible spectrophotometer,High speed centrifuse machine,muffle furnace etc.
- Activities like Guest Lectures, Project work, Seminars, Group Discussions, Industrial Visits etc.
- Placement through campus interview
- Departmental Library.
Achievements of the Department:
Large number of students goes for higher education like M.Sc., M.B.A., M.C.A., M.C.M., Sugar Tech., Alcohol Tech., industrial Safety etc.
Many past students are working as Government Officers, Chief Chemists, Managing Directors, Scientists, Research Associates etc.
Completed one minor research project funded by UGC.
Faculty working as V.C.Nominee, Subject expert on different comitees of Shivaji University ,Kolhapur.
Recognition to the faculty for PG teaching and research-M.Sc, M. Phil., and Ph. D
|Sr. No.||Name of the teacher||Designation||Qualification||Experience (Yrs.)||Contact Number|
|1.||Mr. M. G. Chikalkar||Asso. Prof. and Head||M.Sc., M.Phil.||31||9822548015|
|2.||Dr. B. S. Shirke||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.,B.Ed, Ph.D.||22||9420010112|
|3.||Mr. U. D. Kadam||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.NET, SET||17||7588238824|
|4.||Mr. S. M. Arde||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc. NET,SET,GATE||08||9881789704|
|5.||Dr. Mrs. P. R.Salokhe||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc., B.Ed Ph.D.||08||9421200549|
|6.||Dr. R. S. Pandhav||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.,NET||06||9657847259|
|7.||Miss. S. P. More||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.||04||7745004102|
|8.||Miss. S. S. Mulik-Patil||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.||02||9764636569|
|9.||Miss. D. M. Powar||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.||03||9665224033|
Achivements of Students
Miss.Shubhada P.More -First in girls for PSI in MPSC.Mr.Pandurang L.Vhade -Merit Prize of Shivaji University,Kolhapur.
Mr.Dhanaji K. Mane – First in M.Sc.Entrance exam in Shivaji University,Kolhapur.
Mr.Mahendra .H.Varne – Scientist in BARC ,Mumbai.
Mr. Raysing .M..Patil- Member Shivaji University student council.
Mr. Dhanaji Khot- Qualified GATE and SET EXAM 2013
Miss. Anita D. Shete Stood third in University Merit
Dr. Amar Mohite Working as Post Doc. in Israel
Miss. Madhuri V. Patil Working as PSI
Submission of Research Projects to various funding agencies.
Organization of Workshop on Recent Trends in Chemistry.
Organization of Campus Interviews.
Collaboration with Chemical Industries.
To Start M.Sc.